We talk about passion quite a bit in the arts. (Yeah, you probably noticed at some point.)
Are you actually following yours, at least some of the time? Hope so. Let’s test it. Try at least one of these (mostly quick) exercises to see where your heart is at:
- What was your favorite thing to do when you were a kid? How does that manifest in your life today?
- Who do you admire now, and why? Are they were YOU really want to be?
- Spend about a week building a vision board, even if you think it’s silly. (If you’re resisting this one, it’s probably the most important for you!) Paste up all kinds of things you love. Then step back and see where the patterns are. What aren’t you getting enough of? Which elements are fully present in your life?
- What are you doing now that you wish you never had to do again? What is it keeping you from? What would it take to quit doing it?
- What have you never done that you still think about regularly? What one step would get you started down that road? (Take that step!)
We’ll leave you with this:
“There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”-Nelson Mandela