Can it really be our fifth year? It can! We’re currently accepting proposals for season #5 of unSUNg: Songs Uncommon and New, our unusual summer concert series in Glendale. This year’s events again take place on three Sundays, all at 4pm: July 9, July 30 and August 20, at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on Brand Blvd.
We’re looking for extremely neglected or new works of vocal chamber music: almost any acoustic instrumentation (including a cappella) will be considered, but NOTE: this year we’re placing less priority on duo works for soprano and piano. (If you have to ask why, then you’d be stunned at the number of prior proposals that show that particular combination!)
If you’d like to be considered for this year’s concerts, here are the steps of our proposal process:
- Read through our unSUNg website very carefully, so you understand the terms of participation and how it all works. If you have any questions, Contact us.
- Once you have your idea formed and your preliminary crew lined up, submit your proposal online by February 28.
- We’ll get in touch with selected candidates for a second-round phone interview by early March.
- We’ll send final invitations in late March.
- Presenters and performers need to confirm their appearance by mid-April.
- We’ll coordinate with participants and market the series in May and June.
More details are available on the website. Tickets will be available in late May. We look forward to seeing you all soon!