Do you schmooze? Probably, whether you know it or not: this marvelous word simply means to mingle, connect, or even to hobnob. (Choose your favorite!)
In the Listerhood, we use the moniker for the networking gatherings we host several times a year, giving our members and guests a chance to meet, catch up, share ideas and tell each other what we’re working on.
We’re changing things up a bit in the new year, with more gatherings during the regular season, and a slightly different structure:
- Advance registration is required: We’ll make a ticket link available for each event, so you can reserve our spot, pay for your ticket if needed, and we can plan for the group. Registration will close a few hours before each event.
- These events are still free for full members, but just $5 for non-members — not enough to make a huge difference in your day, but enough to help defray our event expenses (and make our members feel extra special). You still need to sign up in advance, but you can pay your fee when you arrive. We’ll be happy to see you. (By the way, if you join at the event, we’ll waive the fee. Hint hint!)
- However, your help in advance planning will not go unheeded: we’ll have packets, special offers and small gifts prepared for every attendee. Bring your flyers, postcards, business cards and other materials, so you can add to the goodies!
We’ve set up preliminary information for each event through June on Facebook. Following are the dates currently scheduled through the spring — details may change along the way, but we’ll keep you posted there:
- Sat, February 6, 9:30am — Long Beach
- Mon, February 29, 7pm — San Fernando Valley
Sat, March 19, 9:30am — Orange County
OC schmooze postponed to summer: stay tuned!
Sun, April 17, 6pm – Glendale
Mon, May 2, 7pm — Glendale — Register here
Sat, June 4, 11am — Westside LA
Sunday, June 26, 6pm — Pasadena
Even if you can’t go, send us your postcards, flyers, etc., so we can include your materials in the packets we provide. There is no charge for this — you just need to get your things to us. (Sorry, we can’t print them out for you.)
Click here for info, a submission form and a mailing label, all in one handy-dandy flyer.
Of course, you can always advertise with us anytime.
Sponsor a schmooze
Get featured placement for your project by helping us put it all together, or providing freebies for attendees.
Contact us to talk about details.
Keep an eye on our Facebook events page (and be sure to subscribe!) for updates, and to easily find the registration links when they’re ready — they’ll be posted a couple of weeks before each event.